Harrison Ford (born 13 July 1942) is an American actor. He has been a leading man in films of several genres and is regarded as an American cultural icon. His films have grossed more than $5.4 billion in North America and more than $9.3 billion worldwide,> making him the seventh-highest-grossing actor in North America. He is the recipient of various accolades, including the w;AFI Life Achievement Award in 2000, the Cecil B. DeMille Award in 2002, an Honorary César in 2010 and an Honorary Palme d'Or in 2023 in addition to an Academy Award nomination.
- Speaking about his Irish/Jewish/Russian ancestors, Harrison Ford said that he is “Irish as a person but I feel Jewish as an actor.”
- The simplest answer is probably the most truthful: After two years of sitting on my ass during COVID, and waiting quite a few years for Indiana Jones to start, I had not done as much work as I wanted to and I wanted to do different things. So [Shrinking] came along, and then, very quickly after that, 1923 came along. I took the job without a script on both of them, on faith that the people who created the projects were going to deliver me a good script. I really didn’t realize how much work 1923 was going to be, and I absolutely feel it’s worth it. I’m excited to do another season of both.
- Harrison Ford on his interview at Holywood reporter (8 February 2023)
Barbara Walters interview (1997)
- ABC Special Report : Barbra Walters Interview (24 March 1997)
- I just don't understand the need to name something "the best" or more better than something else. Saying one thing is better than another, one performance is better than another performance — there can't be a contest in this area. I don't understand that.
- I wouldn't be doing this interview if I didn't like you.
- I am in show business. I don't, for a minute, ever forget that this is a business that I'm involved in, and it plays by business' rules.
- I don't think I have something that's pronounceable as a philosophy. ... When it was fashionable to say, "May the Force be with you," I always said, "Force yourself." ... I'll say again then, "The Force is within you. Force yourself."
"Harrison Ford Has Stories to Tell", Esquire (2023)
- "Harrison Ford Has Stories to Tell", Esquire (May 31, 2023)
- Flying is the tension between freedom and responsibility. The obligation on every flight is to ensure the safety of the people aboard. It's serious. And I continually have to meet the standards. And: it's the third dimension! We're living the two dimensional life here on the ground. When you get up there and you see the third dimension - that's what's so exciting about these kids, the Young Eagles. You fly 'em over their house and it's the first time they really know where they live.
- It is a bit of a shock to discover that there are things that a writer can bring to a script that you recognize as a shadow of your own experience. You don’t necessarily actively draw on some specific thing that happened to you—but it’s in the bank, and you want to spend it.
- I can tell you this: If I’d been less successful, I’d probably be a better parent.
- Which I still get shit about from my wife, like I don’t take mental health seriously. I do take mental health seriously. I was trying to say, as I explained to her: It’s that I accommodate all of the flaws that people go to psychiatrists to accommodate, because I accept my flaws. I accept my flaws and my failures—I don’t accept them, I own them. And certainly the more constant gardener is the better parent, and I’ve been out of town, up my own ass, for most of my life.
- About the Hollywood Reporter interview and its headline ‘I know who the fuck I am.’