Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I think it is, without exaggeration, probably the most dangerous piece of legislation that we've had because it amounts to truly destroying the very character of the Indian state and the constitution. [...] Central to the idea was that your religious identity would be irrelevant to your belonging, and it's that which is being turned on its head. It's extremely worrying.
- About the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019. As quoted in India passes controversial citizenship bill that excludes Muslims (December 17, 2019) by Helen Regan, Swati Gupta and Omar Khan, CNN
Quotes about Harsh Mander
- People who have links with ISIS are instigating riots in the national capital. An American national named George Soros has promised to defeat Indian nationalism by pledging $1 billion and his organisation. Harsh Mander is a board member of the controversial organisation, who was also the member of UPA-era extra-constitutional body National Advisory Council.
- Meenakshi Lekhi , 11 March, 2020 quoted in Some people have a history of setting things ablaze, 1984 riots accused are sitting as CM: Meenakshi Lekhi roars in Lok Sabha
- These days, much-acclaimed characters like John Dayal, Harsh Mander and Arundhati Roy lie in waiting for communal riots and elatedly jump at them when and where they erupt. They exploit the anti-Hindu propaganda value of riots to the hilt, making up fictional stories as they go along to compensate for any defects in the true account.
- K. Elst Ayodhya, the Finale (2003)
- Harsh Mander has already been condemned by the Press Council of India for spreading false rumours about alleged Hindu atrocities in his famous column Hindustan Hamara.
- K. Elst: Religious Cleansing of Hindus, 2004, Agni conference in The Hague, in The Problem with Secularism (2007)
- No Indian government will allow Amnesty International ...to set foot inside this country... Amnesty International ...will ask neither the Indian government for the truth, facts and figures...[but] will ask the likes of Teesta Setalvad, Harsh Mander and Kathy Sreedhar...
- Rajan, R., Kak, K.. (2006). NGOs, activists & foreign funds: Anti-nation industry. Chennai: Vigil.