Jump to navigation Jump to search
- [While weightlifting] I hate those comic books. They never get the eyes right.
- [To Sammael] Listen, Sammy, I'm not a very good shot, but the Samaritan here uses really big bullets. So what do you say we work this out in a nice, peaceful–? [Sammael runs off] Oh, crap.
- Waiting for me, chunk-face?
- [Breaking Sammael's lower jaw] OPEN WIDE!
- I'm fireproof. You're not.
- Didn't I kill you already? You goddamned monster!
- [Grabs Sammael by the tongue] Second date, no tongues!
- You missed!
- How big can it be?
- Damn! Would you please be a little more careful?
- [About Liz's new nickname] "Sparky"? Who came up with that? Myers?
- Gonna be sore in the morning.
- [While beating Sammael with a payphone he had ripped off a wall] It's for you! You shouldn't– hurt– people!
- [To the train conductor, who is beating him in the head with a fire extinguisher to try and knock him off the train] Hey! I'm on your side! [Train Conductor: Sure.] [The train conductor hit Hellboy in the head with a fire extinguisher, knocking him off the train]
- [Watching Meyers and Liz] No cream and milk, moron. She takes it black. Told ya! Wait, she took his picture! DAMN!
- It's not– It's not what you think. Plus, you're nine. You're too young to be giving me advice.
- Hey, Myers, you're a talker. What's a good word, a solid word for "need"?
- [To Kroenen] You killed my father! Your ass is mine!
- [Grigori Rasputin: What have you done?] [Stabs Rasputin in the stomach with one of his horns] I chose.
- [Liz Sherman: In the dark, I heard your voice, what did you say?] I said, "Hey, you on the other side – let her go. Because for her, I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry."
FBI Agent John Myers
- Hellboy– He's real!
- Are you gonna be okay? Alone?
- Remember who you are! [Throws the rosary to Hellboy]
- [Closing narration] What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.
- I'm learning to control it. I'm learning where it comes from. For the first time in my life, I'm not afraid.
- I don't like the term firestarter. I just don't.
- [To John as she ignites her powers] You should be running.
- What is it that makes a man a man? Is it his origins – the way things start? Or is it something else, something harder to describe?
- The Nazis were desperate. Combining science and black magic, they intended to upset the balance of the war.
- Abe possesses a unique frontal lobe. Unique – that is a word you'll hear frequently around here.
- As you entered the lobby there was an inscription: "In the absence of light, darkness prevails." (In Absentia Luci, Tenebrae Vincunt). There are things that go bump in the night, Agent Myers. Make no mistake about that. And we are the ones who bump back.
- [Narrating] There we were, an unready father for an unwanted child. The boys gave him a name that very night. In retrospect, perhaps not the most fortunate. But nevertheless, a name we all came to use. We called him Hellboy.
- [Last words] I know what to call him. Nothing you can do or say can change that. I call him "son". [Puts his rosary on the book] I'm ready. [Grigori Rasputin: [Puts his hand on Broom's] It'll be quick.] [Rasputin walks away, while Kroenen aims his arm blade at the back of Broom's neck and stabs it, Broom collapses to the floor dead]
- [About his Rubik's cube] Listen, I'm not much of a problem solver. Three decades– and I've only completed two sides.
- [Last words, in Russian] I was better off dead!
- Nazi General: Five years of construction and research, Grigori. Five years! The Führer doesn't look kindly on failure!
- Grigori Rasputin: There will be no failure, General. I promised Herr Hitler a miracle. I'll deliver one! What I do tonight, can never be undone! I will open a portal, and awaken the Ogdru Jahad – the Seven Gods of Chaos! Our enemies shall be destroyed, and from the ashes– a new Eden will arise.
- Abe Sapien: Behind this door – a dark entity, evil, ancient, and hungry.
- Hellboy: Oh, well. Let me go in and say "Hi".
- John Myers: [About Sammael] What the hell is that thing?!
- Hellboy: Aw, crap! [Peels off a tentacle latched to his arm] Let me go ask.
- Hellboy [Being hit on the head with a fire extinguisher]: Hey! I'm on your side!
- Train conductor: Sure! [Hits him on the head again]
- Professor Broom: In medieval stories, there is often a young knight who is inexperienced, but pure of heart.
- John Myers: Oh, come on. I am not pure of heart.
- Abe Sapien: [Who is psychic] Yes, you are.
- Professor Broom: Rasputin is back for him. What I'm asking of you is to have the courage to stand by him when I am gone. He was born a demon; we can't change that. But you will help him, in essence, to become a man.
- John Myers: Miss Sherman? Can I call you Liz? It's a beautiful name.
- Liz Sherman: 60 percent of the women in the world are named Liz.
- John Myers: Well, it's impressive by my standards. My name's John. John T. Myers. Dr. Broom asked me to invite you back to the Bureau.
- Liz Sherman: In the dark I heard your voice, what did you say?
- Hellboy: I said, "Hey, you on the other side – let her go. Because for her I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry."
(Holding a corpse by a noose over his shoulder)
- Hellboy: This is Ivan Klimatovich. Say hi, Ivan.
- Ivan Klimatovich: [In Russian] Go that way, Red Monkey!
- Hellboy: [Carrying the torso of the re-animated corpse over his shoulder] How you doing back there, Ivan?
- Ivan Klimatovich: [In Russian] If I still had legs, I'd kick your ass!
- Hellboy: [To fellow agent] Could you hold this guy for a while? He is so negative.
- Professor Broom: [Opening Narration] What is it that makes a man a man? Is it his origins, the way things start. Or is it something else, something harder to describe? For me it all began in 1944, classified mission off the coast of Scotland. The Nazis were desperate. Combining science and black magic they intended to upset the balance of the war. I was 28, already a paranormal advisor to President Roosevelt. I could never have suspected that what would transpire that night would not only effect the course of history but change my life forever.
- Professor Broom: [Talking to John Myers about the history of Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense] 1937: Hitler joins the Thule Society, a group of German aristocrats obsessed with the occult. In 1938, he acquired the spear of Longinus, which pierced the side of Christ. He who holds it becomes invincible. Hitler's power increases tenfold. 1943: President Roosevelt decides to fight back. The Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense is born. 1958: the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler.
- John Myers: [Stops walking for a moment, pausing in thought] 1945, you mean. Hitler died in '45.
- Professor Broom: [Amused] Did he now?
- Tom Manning: Every time the media gets a look at him, they come running to me. I'm running out of lies, Trevor.
- Professor Broom: I thought you liked being on television.
- Tom Manning: I do. [lights a cigar] So, how many escapes, this year alone? Five?
- Professor Broom: Tom, he's our guest, not a prisoner.
- Tom Manning: Yeah, well, your "guest" happens to be six-foot-five, bright red, has a tail, and is government funded.
- Hellboy official site
- Hellboy quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Hellboy at Rotten Tomatoes
- Hellboy at Metacritic
- Hellboy film official site
- The Doug Jones Experience Hellboy film page
- Hellboy at FLAREgamer
- Detailed Comparison between Theatrical release (PG-13) and Director's Cut
- The Hellboy Archive