Jump to navigation Jump to search
Henry Blodget (born 1966) is the editor and CEO of Business Insider.
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Once again, Apple has seized the early lead, launching a revolutionary product that is taking the world by storm. … In its short life, Google's Android operating system has captivated developers and stolen mindshare from Apple... [Apple] is coming under increasing scrutiny for being a domineering control freak hell-bent on secretly undermining its competitors … the movie is starting the same way. And so far, at least, Apple is showing no signs of doing anything differently.
- Hey, Apple, Wake Up — It's Happening Again in Business Insider (5 January 2010)
- Apple fans should be scared to death … Apple is fighting a very similar war to the one it fought — and lost — in the 1990s. It is trying to build the best integrated products, hardware and software, and maintain complete control over the ecosystem around them. This end-to-end control makes it easier for Apple to build products that are 'better,' but it makes it much harder for the company to compete against a software platform that is standard across many hardware manufacturers (Windows in the 1990s, Android now).
- Android Is Destroying Everyone, Especially RIM — iPhone Dead In Water in Business Insider (2 April 2011)
- Apple's emphasis on short term greed instead of long-term investment will end up hurting the company and its shareholders and customers over the long haul. … What Apple does not seem to understand … is the fate that almost all niche platform providers eventually succumb to — gradual loss of influence, power, and profitability, followed by irrelevance.
- Apple Is Being Shortsighted — And This Could Clobber The Company in Business Insider (12 September 2013)
- Apple is getting its clock cleaned by Samsung, which is now by far the dominant smartphone maker in the world.
- Come On, Apple Fans, It's Time To Admit That The Company Is Blowing It in Business Insider (15 November 2013)