Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek is a 2005 psychological thriller film starring Robert De Niro and Dakota Fanning. It was directed by John Polson. The film opened in the United States in January 2005 and was top of the box office.
- Emily: Let's just hope you don't end up like her.
- Emily: Do you like her, Daddy?
- David: Emily.
- Emily: Charlie says you do. You want her pussy.
- David: Stop this.
- Emily: Did Daddy tell you about my mommy?
- David: I'm sure Elizabeth doesn't want to hear such things.
- Emily: She killed herself. She slit her wrists and drowned in the bathtub. Let's hope you don't wind up like her.
- Laura: It's going to be a real treat having both of you here.
- David: I didn't even realize anyone else lived up here.
- Laura: Well, it does get pretty quiet in the off season.
- Emily: I have a new friend.
- David: A new friend?
- Emily: He told me to call him Charlie.
- David: When did you meet Charlie?
- Emily: Today.
- David: When we went to town?
- Emily: Just before that.
- David: Is he here right now?
- Emily: He's touching me
- David: Emily, why would you do this?
[scene changes to bathtub lit with candles. a message on the tub wall in blood: You Let Her Die]
- Emily: It was Charlie.
- David: Emily, did you have a part in this?
- Emily: I can't tell you.
- David: DID YOU HAVE A PART IN THIS?
- Emily: I'm sorry, I can't tell you.
- David: Emily, what's going on?
- Katherine: It's not unusual for a child to create an imaginary friend.
- David: I don't want to be too forward, but I don't notice a lot of kids around and I'm trying to find other kids to have play dates with Emily.
- David: You know Charlie doesn't exist.
- Emily: You shouldn't say that.
- David: Why not?
- Emily: You're going to make him mad. He's going to touch me again.
- Emily: You like games?
- Elizabeth: I love games. Would you like to play one?
- Emily: I'm already playing a sex game with Charlie.
- David: What? Spaghetti and meatballs is your favorite dish.
- David: We're going to move, out of state - country.
- Katherine: What about Emily? This is a traumatic time for her. I think it's important she stays here and works through this.
- David: No. Here, she's flooded with memories. Right now, I need to be a full-time dad.
- Alison: Faster.
- Emily: No, no, no.
- Elizabeth: Is your daughter this crazy?
- Katherine: Did you do your homework?
- Emily: Yes.
- Katherine: Did you brush your teeth?
- Emily: Yes.
- Katherine: Good.
[first title card]
- Title card: First day of the New Year. New York City.