Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hideo Kojima (小島 秀夫, born August 24, 1963) is a Japanese video game designer, screenwriter, director, and game producer.
- I have to say, even though I received this award, let me state that I will not retire. I will continue to create games as long as I live.
- Source:Nelson, Randy (November 24, 2008). "Hideo Kojima receives lifetime achievement award from MTV". Joystiq. Archived from the original on March 3, 2009. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- Storytelling is very difficult. But adding the flavor helps to relay the storytelling, meaning in a cut scene, with a set camera and effects, you can make the users feel sorrow, or make them happy or laugh. This is an easy approach, which we have been doing. That is one point, the second point is that if I make multiple storylines and allow the users to select which story, this might really sacrifice the deep emotion the user might feel; when there's a concrete storyline, and you kind of go along that rail, you feel the destiny of the story, which at the end, makes you feel more moved. But when you make it interactive — if you want multiple stories where you go one way or another — will that make the player more moved when he or she finishes the game? These two points are really the key which I am thinking about, and if this works, I think I could probably introduce a more interactive storytelling method.
- Source:"Hideo Kojima: The Kikizo Interview 2008 (Page 3)". Kikizo. August 24, 2008. Archived from the original on October 9, 2011. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- If the player isn't tricked into believing that the world is real, then there's no point in making the game.
- A Mind Forever Voyaging: A History of Storytelling in Video Games (2012)