Hocus Pocus (1993 film)
Hocus Pocus is a 1993 film about three witch sisters who are resurrected in Salem, Massachusetts on Halloween night after three centuries, and it is up to two teenagers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to their reign of terror once and for all.
- You know, I've always wanted a child. And now I think I'll have one... on toast!
- Well... younger. But it's a start!
- [to Dani] Come out, my dear. We will not harm thee.
- My ungodly book speaks to you. On All Hallow's Eve, when the moon is round, a virgin will summon us from under the ground. Oh oh! We shall be back, and the lives of all the children of Salem will be mine!
- Come, we fly!
- Into the night!
- It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!
- Damn, damn! Double damn!
- Billy! I killed you once, I shall kill you again, you maggoty mouth feicance! Hang on to your heads!
- [last words before she disintegrated to dust along with her sisters] Booooooooook!
- [to Winifred] It doesn't matter how young or old you are, you sold your soul! You're the ugliest thing that's ever lived, and you know it!
- You know, Binx, I'll always take care of you, and my children will take care of you too, and their children after that, and their children after that. Forever and ever.
- Max, I'm not leaving you.
- [trying to wake Binx up after he sacrificed himself to save her] But he can't die. Remember? Wake up, Binx. Binx, wake up. Like last time.
- [her last line] Binx, is that you?
- Take good care of Dani, Max, you'll never know how precious she is until you lose her.
- [to Winifred, Mary and Sarah] You hag! There aren't enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful!
- [warning Max and Allison about Winifred's spellbook] Nothing good can come from this book. You got it?!
- Dani? Come on. Please, don't be sad for me.
- The witches are dead. My soul's finally free. You freed me, Dani. Thank you. Hey, Max. Thanks for lighting the candle.
- [whispers in Dani's ear before his final farewell] I shall always be with you.
- Dani: [as they plan to go to the Sanderson house] Max, I'm not going up there. My friends at school told me all about that place. It's weird!
- Max: Dani, this is the girl of my dreams.
- Dani: So take her to the movies like a normal person.
- Max: Dani! Look just do this one thing for me, and I'll do anything you say. Please? Please? Please?
- Dani: Okay, okay. Next year, we go trick-or-treating as Wendy and Peter Pan...with tights or it's no deal.
- Max: [as Dani attempts to leave] Okay, okay, deal, deal.
- Allison: I like your costume, Dani.
- Dani: Thank you! I really like yours too. Of course, I couldn't wear anything like that because I don't have any. What do you call them, Max? Yabbos?
- [Max embarrassed nearly spits out the cider he's drinking]
- Dani: Max likes your yabbos. In fact, he loves them!
- Emily: Thackery Binx, what took thee so long?
- Thackery Binx: I'm sorry, Emily. I had to wait three hundred years for a virgin to light a candle.
- Winifred Sanderson: Therefore, it stands to reason, does it not, sisters dear? That we must find the book, brew the potion and suck the lives out of the children of Salem before sunrise. Otherwise it's curtains. We evaporate! We cease to exist! Dost thou comprehend?
- Mary Sanderson: You explained it beautifully, Winnie. They way in which you started out with the adventure part and slowly.
- Sarah Sanderson: Explained what?
- Winifred Sanderson: Come, we fly!
- Master's Wife: Aren't you broads a little old to be trick or treating?
- Winifred Sanderson: We'll be younger in the morning.
- Master's Wife: Yeah, sure, me too.
- Winifred Sanderson: Why? Why was I cursed with such idiot sisters?
- Sarah Sanderson: Just lucky, I guess.
- Winifred Sanderson: Don't get your knickers in a twist! We're just three kindly old spinster ladies.
- Mary Sanderson: Spending a quiet evening at home.
- Sarah Sanderson: Sucking the lives out of little children!
- [Winifred chokes Sarah]
- Winifred Sanderson: Well, tell me friend, what is this contraption?
- Bus Driver: I call it a bus.
- Winifred Sanderson: A bus. And its purpose?
- Bus Driver: To convey gorgeous creatures such as yourselves to your most... [cracks his knuckle] forbidden desires.
- Winifred Sanderson: [laughs] Well, fancy! We desire children.
- Bus Driver: Hey, it may take me a couple of tries, but I don't think there's gonna be a problem.
- Max: [looking at the salt can] Well, what does it say?
- Allison: Well, it says to form a circle a salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends.
- Max: And what about new boyfriends?
- Winifred Sanderson: Book! Come to Mommy!
- Voice of Thackery Binx: [Jumps on the book to prevent it from floating up to Winifred, with a screech] Afraid not!
- Winifred Sanderson: Thackery Binx, thou mangy feline. Still alive?
- Voice of Thackery Binx: And waiting for you!
- Winifred Sanderson: Oh! Thou hast waited in vain. And thou will fail to save thy friends, just as thou failed to save thy sister!
- Billy Butcherson: [to Winifred, after finally freeing his mouth] Wench! Trollop! You buck toothed, mop riding firefly from hell! [happily to Max] I've waited centuries to say that.
- Max: Say what you want; just don't breathe on me!
- Winifred Sanderson: Billy! I killed you once, I shall kill you again, you maggoty malfeasance! Hang on to your heads!
- Sarah Sanderson: I am alive!
- Winifred Sanderson: Damn that boy, he's tricked us again.
- Mary Sanderson: Oh, you're right, you're always right.
- Winifred Sanderson: It's my curse, that and you two! Get off me you thundering oafs!
- It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!
- Bette Midler — Winifred "Winnie" Sanderson
- Kathy Najimy — Mary Sanderson
- Sarah Jessica Parker — Sarah Sanderson
- Omri Katz — Max Dennison
- Thora Birch — Dani Dennison
- Vinessa Shaw — Allison
- Sean Murray — Thackery Binx
- Doug Jones — Billy Butcherson
- Charles Rocket — Dave Dennison
- Stephanie Faracy — Jenny Dennison