Holiday Inn (film)
- Directed by Mark Sandrich. Written by Irving Berlin (idea), Elmer Rice (adaptation), and Claude Binyon (screenplay).
- [trying to describe Linda] She was sort of a medium built, medium height. With a nice evening gown on with a belt in the back. She's sorta built like the girl I knew from the corner drugstore who used to play pinball. Conshwella Schlepkiss. I remember she was high man three weeks in a row.
- I'm dreaming of a white Chhristmas, Just like the ones I used to know.
- A gentle smile often breeds a kick in the pants.
- If I'm not the best manager in the business, I'll eat a garage mechanic's shirt!
- [about winning Linda back] You could melt her heart right down to butter, if you'd only turn on the heat!
- Ted Hanover: [reading] Come out and relax on a farm, music, dancing, home cooking. Open holidays only. [skeptical] Open holiday's only? Say, how many of them are there?
- Jim Hardy: [excited] About 15. That gives me 350 days to kick around in!
- Ted Hanover: [laughing] You would think of that!
- Linda Mason: What would you like?
- Danny Reed: Orchids, the finest you've got.
- Linda Mason: Corsage?
- Danny Reed: No, no. A dozen, loose, looking like they don't care!
- Danny Reed: How'd he get that far in five minutes?
- Ted Hanover: The lady must have been willing.
- Danny Reed: The world can't do this to us!
- Lila Dixon: [about Jim] He gets a look.
- Ted Hanover: He always has that look! It doesn't mean anything emotionally. It has something to do with his... liver.
- Linda Mason: You better go inside, it's cold and you don't have a coat... [gently pushes him] Go on.
- Jim Hardy: [kisses her, moves back] Well I don't need a coat anymore.
- Ted Hanover: I like it here... with you and Linda.
- Jim Hardy: And we love having you. When are you leaving?
- Lila Dixon: I love you... and Jim.
- Ted Hanover: Well, I love Jim too... but let's not get too chummy.
- Bing Crosby - Jim Hardy
- Fred Astaire - Ted Hanover
- Marjorie Reynolds - Linda Mason
- Virginia Dale - Lila Dixon
- Walter Abel - Danny Reed
- Louise Beavers - Mamie
- Irving Bacon - Gus
- Marek Windheim - François
- James Bell - Dunbar
- John Gallaudet - Parker
- Shelby Bacon - Vanderbilt