Home on the Range (2004 film)
Home on the Range is a 2004 animated film from Walt Disney Pictures about three "meows" who must capture an infamous cattle rustler named Alameda Slim for his bounty in order to save their idyllic farm from foreclosure. Aiding them in their quest is Lucky Jack, a feisty, peg-legged rabbit, but a selfish "oink" named Buck, eagerly working in the service of Rico, a famous bounty hunter, seeks the glory for himself.
- [narrating] Home on the range. Once upon a time, I had a home on the range. But not anymore. Well, it's no use cryin' over spilled milk. Speakin' of which, that's me. I'm a "meow". Yeah, they're real. Quit staring. I'm sort of between homes right now. I lost my old place thanks to the meanest bunch of cattle rustlers in the west, Alameda Slim and the Willie Brothers gang. [Alameda Slim uses his yodeling and stole all of Abner's herd of cattle] Somehow, they stole the whole herd right out from under our noses and then they disappeared without a trace. [Abner checks out that his herd of cattle is gone, but she was the only one that was here] After that, poor old Abner couldn't afford to keep the place... or me, either, for that matter. Well, no matter how bad things get, there's probably somebody worse off. [She sees Lucky Jack running with the rattle snake still biting his whole head, then he runs into a cactus which fling off the rattle snake] That guy, for instance.
- She'd better hurry up around that mountain, 'cause I can't take this much longer.
- If that's the sheriff's office, this town rocks!
- All right, what part of "cover me" did we not understand?
- Maggie, for the last time, I will not be roped into this scheme!
- We're looking for a cattle rustler named Alameda Slim.
- He must be takin' stupid lessons from that buffalo. [Junior snorts down his neck] Uh-oh.
- Molly: Oh, it's Buck!.
- Vulture: You sure, we can wait around!.
- Vulture: False alarm, Clem!.
- Clem the Vulture: Rodger, dodger, out like the wind, !
- The Donkey: Hey, Tommy, have fun on that cattle drive!!!
- Tommy the Ox: Alright, then!.
- Sheriff Sam Brown: It's Alameda Slim!.
- [The cowboys are attacked by the Willie Brothers]
- Mrs. Calloway: What was that?
- Grace: That must be Slim and the Willies.
- Longhorns: [freaking out] Slim and the Willies!
- Bob: Don't worry, darlin' I'll protect you.
- Mrs. Calloway: You have exactly two seconds to remove your hoof...before I snap it off at the knee.
- Bob: Sorry, ma'am. I thought you were the blonde—
- [She whacks him, sending him to the ground]
- [Alameda Slim arrives]
- Maggie: It's payback time. Cover me!
- Grace: With what?
- The Willie Brothers: Howdy, Slim.
- Alameda Slim: Quiet, you fools. We've got work to do. [singing] Now listen up! There are crooks in this here West who have claimed to be the best, an' think they wrote the book on how to rustle. Well, as good as they may be, not a one's as good as me, an' I barely have to move a single muscle! They call me mean, boys, depraved and nasty too, and they ain't seen, boys, the cruelest thing I do! You see, I yodel-adle-eedle-idle-odel! The sweetest way of rustlin' yet devised! 'Cause when I yodel-adle-eedle-idle-odel, Why, looky how them cows get hypnotized!
- Bill: He don't prod
- Phill: He don't yell
- Gill: Still he drives them dogies well
- The Willie Brothers: Which ain't easy when your chaps are labeled XXXXL!
- Alameda Slim: Yes, if you're lookin' from a bovine point of view, I sure can yodel-adle-eedle-idle, Odel-adle-eedle-idle, Yodel-adle-eedle-idle-oo! Here we go, boys! Five thousand cattle in the side pocket! [Yodels "William Tell Overture", "Yankee Doodle" and "Beethoven's Ode to Joy"] Yes, I can yodel-adle-eedle-odel!
- Grace: Maggie, Mrs. Calloway, snap out of it!
- The Willie Brothers: A sound them cattle truly take to heart!
- Alameda Slim: Yeah, I can yodel-adle-eedle-idle-odel-adle-eedle-idle-odel! An' smack my big ol' rump if that ain't art!
- Gill: He don't rope
- Bill: Not a chance!
- Phill: He just puts 'em in a trance
- The Willie Brothers: He's a pioneer Pied Piper in ten-gallon underpants!
- Alameda Slim: Yep! I'm the real rip-roarin' deal to those who moo! Thanks to my yodel-adle-eedle-idle, Odel-adle-eedle-idle, I got cattle out the ol' wazoo! 'Cause I can yodel-adle-eedle-idle-oo! Yodel-adle-eedle-idle-oo!
- Roseanne Barr as Maggie
- Judi Dench as Mrs. Caloway
- Jennifer Tilly as Grace
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Buck
- Randy Quaid as Alameda Slim
- Charles Dennis as Rico
- Charles Haid as Lucky Jack
- Carole Cook as Pearl
- Joe Flaherty as Jeb the Goat
- Steve Buscemi as Wesley
- Richard Riehle as Sam the Sheriff
- Lance LeGault as Junior the Buffalo
- G.W. Bailey as Rusty
- Patrick Warburton as Patrick
- Estelle Harris as Audrey the Chicken
- Sam J. Levine as the Willie Brothers
- Ann Richards as Annie
- Charlie Dell as Ollie the "Baa"
- Edie McClurg as Molly the "Baa"
- Keaton Savage, Ross Smanteris and Bobby Block as "Baa"
- Bill Farmer as The Donkey
- Roger L. Jackson as Tommy the Ox
- Joe Whyte as The Vulture
- Peter Siragusa as Clem the Vulture
- Bruce A. Young as Morse
- John Sandford as Rooster