Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Anthony Maras. Written by Anthony Maras and John Collee, based on the 2009 documentary Surviving Mumbai.
Ordinary people - extraordinary heroes. (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [first lines]
- Man on the Phone: [speaking in Punjabi] You feel strong. You feel calm. There is no fear in your heart. Look across at your brothers... and see me in their eyes. You are all like sons to me. I am with you. God is with you. Paradise awaits you. God is great.
- Hotel employee: Arjun. Arjun.
- Arjun: Yes, sir?
- Hotel employee: See the English woman over there, at the food station?
- Arjun: Yes.
- Hotel employee: She's worried about your beard.
- Arjun: My beard?
- Hotel employee: Also, your turban. Hang back in the kitchen for a little bit, huh?
- Arjun: Madam, I'd... I'd like to show you something. This is my family. This is my... this is my child. It's Seva. That's my... my wife and her quite... quite awful sister. This is my... this is my pagri. To us Sikhs it is... It is sacred. It's a... It's a symbol of... honour. And courage. Since I was a small boy, I've... never gone outside without it. To do so would bring shame to my family. But while we are in this hotel, you are my guest and I am your staff, so if it would make you feel comfortable, I will take it off. Would you like that?
- English woman: No. No. I'm just scared.
- Arjun: We all are. But... to get through this we must... we must stick together, okay?
- November 26, 2008...Terror struck the heart of India.
- Ordinary people - extraordinary heroes.
- Dev Patel – Arjun
- Armie Hammer – David
- Nazanin Boniadi – Zahra Kashani
- Tilda Cobham-Hervey – Sally
- Anupam Kher – Chef Hemant Oberoi
- Suhail Nayyar – Abdullah