Howie Rose (born Howard Rose in 1954) is an American sportscaster. He is currently the radio play-by-play man for the New York Mets.
- Lopez wants it away, and it's hit deep to left center, Andruw Jones on the run, this one has a chance... home run!, Mike Piazza!, and the Mets lead 3 to 2!
- Calling Mike Piazza's home run against the Braves on September 21, 2001.
- Willingham, waiting in the batters box, Wagner ready, the 1–0 pitch, swing and fly ball to left, Floyd under it, he's there, put it in the books, The New York Mets have won the 2006 National League Eastern Division Championship and the party is under way.
- Calling the 2006 National League East Clincher.
- Swing and a fly ball to right, Green under it.....in foul ground..makes the catch!...Put it in the books!..The Mets are gonna play for the pennant!
- Calling the 2006 NLDS clincher.
- Ground ball to Gotay, throws on to first... Put it in the history books!...Tom Glavine has won his 300th game.
- Calling the last out of Tom Glavine's historic victory.
- Now the pitch, and it's lined foul into the seats, down the third base line, 1 ball, 1 strike, and I'll tell you what's going on. The crowd is chanting "U-S-A!" and the reason for that is that there are reports circulating, I'm not sure if they yet been confirmed by the White House, that Osama bin Laden is dead. How that's happened, we don't know, but this crowd now knows it.
- Announcing the death of Osama bin Laden. . Radio voices paint the picture. MLB.com. Major League Baseball (May 1, 2011). Retrieved on May 4, 2011.
- Fetisov for the Devils plays it cross-ice, into the far corner. Matteau swoops in to intercept. Matteau behind the net, swings it in front. He scores! Matteau! Matteau! Matteau! Stephane Matteau! and the Rangers have one more hill to climb, baby, and it's Mount Vancouver! The Rangers are headed to the Finals!** Calling Stephane Matteau's game-winning goal in the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals)
- The Islanders have had two penalty shots in Stanley Cup playoff history, here is number 3. Bates against Joseph ......Bates in on goal ....he shoots, He scores! Consider that for a franchise loaded with memorable postseason moments, you have just witnessed one of the most memorable. A penalty shot goal by Shawn Bates to give the Islanders a 4–3 lead with 2 minutes and 30 seconds left in regulation time.** Calling Shawn Bates penalty shot in Game 4 of the 2002 Stanley Cup playoffs)
- Bergeron fires it in front, it's loose, they pound away, Park with a shot, blocked, rebound...Scores! Richard Park! It's Long Island South here in East Rutherford!
- Every shot Wade Dubielewicz has ever seen comes down to this confrontation, Sergei Brylin in on goal, Dubielewicz stops him! The New York Islanders are heading to the Stanley Cup Playoffs...in as dramatic a fashion as you could envision!'
- From the same game when Wade Dubielewicz, filling in for the injured Rick DiPietro, stopped Brylin to go to the playoffs.
- Streit, Okposo, Tavares, Moulson and Hunter... Hunter for Moulson, it hopped over his stick, Moulson got it back, couldn't control, then THEY SCORE! It's Tavares! John Tavares picked up the loose puck, and fires home his first National Hockey League goal! A power play goal, and the Islanders lead it 2 to 1! How about THAT for fast hands?
- *October 3, 2009 - Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Islanders, the season and home-ice opener for the Islanders, and the debut of the Isles' first overall draft pick in the 2009 NHL Draft, John Tavares. Mark Eaton of the defending Stanley Cup Champion Penguins was penalized 2 minutes for hooking. Rose set up this 2nd period power play for the Isles.