Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ek hygg þat hégóma at trúa á goð.
- Translation: "I think it is folly to have faith in gods. - Hrafnkell Freysgoði
- Mörgum mundi betr þykkja skjótr dauði en slíkar hrakningar, en mér mun fara sem mörgum öðrum, at lífit mun ek kjósa, ef kostr er. - Hrafnkell Freysgoði
- Translation: Many would prefer a quick death to such misfortune but I will do as many others and choose life if it is an option.
- Eigi mun ek flýja undan þeim mönnum, er ek hefi ekki til miska gört. - Eyvindr Bjarnason
- Translation: I will not run away from men to whom I have done no harm.
- Því verðr engi uppreist yðar ungra manna, at yðr vex allt í augu. - Þorbjörn
- Translation: "The reason you young men don't get anywhere is that everything seems like such a big deal to you.