I Love to Singa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I Love to Singa is a Merrie Melodies animated cartoon directed by Tex Avery, produced by Leon Schlesinger, and released to theaters on July 18, 1936, by Warner Bros. and Vitaphone. As with many early Warners cartoons, it is in a sense a music video designed to push a song from the Warners library.
- Directed by Tex Avery (supervision). Produced by Leon Schlesinger.
- Owl Jolson: ♪ I love to singa ♪
- ♪ About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a ♪
- ♪ I love to singa ♪
- ♪ About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a ♪
- ♪ Anything with a swinga to an I love you-a ♪
- ♪ I love to, I love to sing. ♪
- Tommy Bond - Owl Jolson.
- Johnnie Davis - Owl Jolson. (singing voice)
- Martha Wentworth - Mother.
- Billy Bletcher - Father.
- Joe Dougherty - Stuttering Bird.
- Bernice Hansen - Fat Chicken Singer