Ian Anderson (musician)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ian Scott Anderson (born 10 August 1947) is a Scottish singer, songwriter, guitarist and flautist. He is most famous as the head of the rock band Jethro Tull.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The original Jethro Tull was a 19th century English agriculturist who invented a seed drill you see... the first automatic process where by small holes were made in Mother Earth and even smaller seeds were deposited one at a time and neetly covered over as a cat does after having been naughty.
- GTK Ep 899. Broadcast 12th August 1974, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, interviewed by Gary Hyde.
- I don't think it's very easy to make friends with musicians. We're all a bit paranoid. It soon becomes very heavy.
- Tobler, John (1992). NME Rock 'N' Roll Years (1st ed.). London: Reed International Books Ltd. p. 272. CN 5585.
- Oh father high in heaven — smile down upon your son
Who's busy with his money games — his women and his gun.
- "Hymn 43"
- In the beginning Man created God; and in the image of Man created he him.
- 2 And Man gave unto God a multitude of names, that he might be Lord over all the earth when it was suited to Man.
- 3 And on the seven millionth day Man rested and did lean heavily on his God and saw that it was good.
- 4 And Man formed Aqualung of the dust of the ground, and a host of others likened unto his kind.
- 5 And these lesser men Man did cast into the void. And some were burned; and some were put apart from their kind.
- 6 And Man became the God that he had created and with his miracles did rule over all the earth.
- 7 But as all these things did come to pass, the Spirit that did cause man to create his God lived on within all men: even within Aqualung.
- 8 And man saw it not.
- 9 But for Christ's sake he'd better start looking.
- (text on back of album cover)
Thick as a Brick (1972)
- I may make you feel but I can't make you think
Your sperm's in the gutter, your love's in the sink.
- "Thick As a Brick".