Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sir Ian Murray McKellen (born 25 May 1939) is an English actor.
- Heterosexuality is far too interesting a phenomenon to be ignored.
- Quoted in Smith, Nigel M. (2015-11-21). "Ian McKellen: 'X-Men was a gay man’s delight, because it was full of the most amazing divas'". The Guardian. Retrieved on 2019-07-28.
- I think this is why a lot of actors, at least in the past, have been gay: the only place where they could be themselves, express themselves, at a time when it was illegal [...] to be homosexual, was in public, protected by the play. You could come up with real emotions for real situations but not of course your own.
- Richard Ridge (moderated by), Conversations with Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart, March 2014
- The audience I play to really is the bright 14-year-old: someone who is capable of sitting still and listening and watching and feeling for even three hours. I know, as I did at that age, they'll potentially have their lives changed.