- If they say that "We are second-class citizens", don't talk shit like that. You see, don't talk shit. I repeat, don't talk shit - three times! We the Malays have forgiven [sic] a lot for these people . We have sacrificed a lot of [our] interests ...
- interview with al-Jazeera, uploaded 29 March 2010 to YouTube.
- Those (from the Arab world) that support the US are socialists and Christians. So when we say Arab we must consider who is talking, in the media that belongs to who and which Arab? Don’t be easily swayed by what they said
- interview with the Malay Mail, uploaded 9 October 2013.
- We have our own laws, rules and culture. That is why we don’t need to entertain and care about what those on the outside say, what else if coming from Arab countries which are in chaos themselves,
- Why should we be bothered if there are Arab countries or Indonesia [who] criticise the Malaysian courts on the Allah issue. Don’t think that every Arab knows or understand Islam [or] That there is no one ignorant there [...]
Malaysian Politicians Say the Darndest Things
- I would rather not be called "Yang Berhormat" as long as I get to travel business class. It's not about being ashamed, but on long-distance travel, economy class can be quite tiring.
- Problems happen because women cannot accept polygamy. What about doing a big campaign so that women can accept polygamy?