If Only (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Gil Junger. Written by Christina Welsh.
- I love Miss Andrews, everyone does. If I was just a few years older.
- Sam's diary: They say there's always someone in a relationship who loves more. Oh God I wish it wasn't me.
- [Ian is holding Sam's diary.]
- Sam: Read one word and I'll kill you.
- Ian: [looks at her, scared to death] AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
- Sam: I was just kidding, I was just kidding!
- Sam: Alright. What happened in the dream that freaks you out so badly?
- Ian: It was... It was awful!
- Sam: OK, alright. Let's be logical about this. In your dream or vision or whatever, what happens next?
- Ian: You go back to the apartment to wash your sweater and I go to my meeting.
- Sam: That is... awful! Uh...
- Ian: I guess what I'm trying to say is... I want to soldier on. I really do. Okay?
- Sam: No.
- Ian: No what?
- Sam: I don't... want to soldier on. Ian, if I were to stay in London now, it would be for you. For us. And I would do that in a heartbeat if I knew we were really special.
- Ian: We are.
- Sam: Really? You never tell me how you feel or talk about yourself. You don't want to meet my family. You forgot my graduation. We run into my favorite student and you act as if he has something contagious. Ian, I know you have the best intentions, but I feel like I'm a really high second priority to you. That hurts. And the worst part is I'm starting to get used to it.
- Ian: I don't understand.
- Sam:: I know. That's what kills me. If there had just been one day Ian, one day where nothing else matters but us.
- Ian: I adore you.
- Sam: I don't want to be adored, I want to be loved. I can't do this anymore.
- Ian: There are certain things that I know are gonna happen.
- Mike: [to a woman] Excuse me. Haven't we met before... in my dreams?
- Woman: Oh, just piss off, will you?
- Ian: You see? I knew that would happen!
- Nigel: Ian, we both knew that was gonna happen!
- Taxi Driver: What if she never came back?
- Ian: What sort of a question is that?
- Taxi Driver: Well, go on, picture it. You wave goodbye at the airport, she gets on the airplane, you never see her again... could you live with that?
- Ian: No... No, I couldn't.
- Taxi Driver: Well, then you know what to do. Appreciate her and what you have. Just love her.
- Ian: I love you.
- Sam: Ooh I love you too.
- Ian: I wanna tell you why I love you.
- Sam: It's... It's raining, you know that right?
- Ian: I have to tell you this and you need to hear it. I loved you since I met you, but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead, making decisions soaked with fear... Today, because of you... what I learned from you; every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed... and I've learned that if you do that, then you're living your life fully... it doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha if not for today, if not for you I would never have known love at all... So thank you for being the person who taught me to love... and to be loved.
- Sam: I don't know what to say.
- Ian: You don't have to say anything... I just wanted to tell you.
- Ian: Close your eyes. Happy graduation.
- Sam: Oh my God.
- Ian: Some of the charms are old and some are new. That's a musical note, a violin. This one is a flower, what is no sense of matter at all, except it was exquisite much like yourself. Let's see... the train that we took today. And... that's the Eiffel Tower that you've always wanted to see. And... this frying pan, cause you are the only person that I know that can actually do the flipping thing. And... this one's a heart... my heart... it's yours now.
- I don't wanna be adored, I wanna be loved.
- The way you love me, vanish all the tears.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt - Samantha Andrews
- Paul Nicholls - Ian Wyndham
- Tom Wilkinson - Taxi Driver
- Diana Hardcastle - Claire
- Lucy Davenport - Lottie
- Roy Sampson - Dunbar