Inside Monkey Zetterland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Life. It's A Trip.
- As a child I always felt responsible for my mom. Dad would be gone. She'd be alone for months, sometimes years, and eventually dad would come home. And I'd be okay. And everything would be all right. 'Cause mom would be saved.
- My father used to shirk his parental responsibilities by saying that life was an illusion; karma was also a convenient excuse for foul-ups. In my mind echos: "Sorry I sold your baseball cards, Monkey, but it's your karma, and life is just an illusion anyway, boy."
- You're a fag, baby!
- Throw it all out into the universe, baby!
- The thing is, Monkey, you'd change if you could, but you can't, and even if you could, you really shouldn't. And stop being such a fuckin' pussy about your curtains.
- Una el coka dieta!
- Excuse me, very rude and obnoxious stranger.
- Tami Peterson has always been hyper-critical of my performance art. I mean she even delivered a speech in the quad about it called "Imogene: What do You Mean?" I mean, how could she do that to me? I've always been so nice to her!
- Imogene: Now let me ask you something I've always wondered about. After you have the baby, does your pussy ever go back to it's natural tightness?
- Cindy: I'm a dyke. It's not an issue.
- Brent Zetterland: But seriously, Monkey, does my hair look okay like this?
- Monkey: Brent, you live in a beautiful shell - go with it.
- Steve Antin - Monkey Zetterland
- Patricia Arquette - Grace
- Sandra Bernhard - Imogene
- Sofia Coppola - Cindy
- Tate Donovan - Brent Zetterland
- Rupert Everett - Sasha
- Katherine Helmond - Honor Zetterland
- Bo Hopkins - Mike Zetterland
- Ricki Lake - Bella the Stalker
- Debi Mazar - Daphne
- Martha Plimpton - Sofie
- Robin Antin - Waitress in Canters
- Frances Bay - Grandma
- Luca Bercovici - Boot Guy
- Chuck Grieve - Guy at Taco Stand
- Lance Loud - Psychiatrist
- Nicholas Matus - Young Monkey
- Chris Nash (actor) - Policeman
- Lou Pearlman - Warden / Observation Psychiatrist
- Blair Tefkin - Brent's Assistant
- Marc Lafia - Observation Psychiatrist
- Melissa Sullivan - Observation Psychiatrist
- Lauren Zuckerman - Observation Psychiatrist