Invaders from Mars (1953 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by William Cameron Menzies. Written by Richard Blake, based on a story by John Tucker Battle.
Murderous Martian creatures from out of space! (taglines)
- Narrator:: The heavens. Once an object of superstition, awe, and fear. Now a vast region for growing knowledge. The distance of Venus, the atmosphere of Mars, the size of Jupiter, and the speed of Mercury. All this and more we know. But their greatest mystery the heavens have kept a secret. What sort of life, if any, inhabits these other planets? Human life, like ours? Or life extremely lower in the scale? Or dangerously higher? Seeking the answer to this timeless question, forever seeking, is the constant preoccupation of scientists everywhere. Scientists famous and unknown. Scientists in great universities and in modest homes. Scientists of all ages.
- David Maclean: Please God, let them find Mom and Dad before something bad happens. I don't want them to die too.
- David Maclean: I thought they were testing some sort of atomic device out there.
- Narrator: It is an atomic device. The highest powered rocket ever conceived. You see, once we can shoot a rocket far enough into space, it will just anchor there. It's just a matter of time before we set up inner-planetary stations, equipped with atomic power and operated by remote control. Then, if any nation dared attack us, by pushing a few buttons, we could wipe them out in a matter of minutes.
- Mary MacLean: [waking up] What is it?
- George MacLean: Well, ah, David says something landed in the field out back. It doesn't make sense, but he seems so convinced.
- Mary MacLean: What do you mean "land"?
- George MacLean: Well, he says he saw a bright light or something. He's not the type of boy that given to imagining things. After all the work at the plant is secret. And we have orders to report anything unusual. And there have been rumors.
- Mary MacLean: Rumors?
- George MacLean: Oh, Dear, you know I can't talk about it.
- Mary MacLean: [to George, who has returned after disappearing] What did happen to you?
- George MacLean: [grimly] I stopped over to see Bill Wilson.
- Mary MacLean: In your pajamas?
- George MacLean: In my pajamas, obviously.
- Lt. Blair: [about David's parents] That's the coldest couple I ever saw.
- David Maclean: They're not! They're wonderful. They've done something to them, something awful!
- NATURAL or SUPERNATURAL?
- Mankind's oldest fear comes to life!
- Murderous Martian creatures from out of space!
- From out of space... came hordes of green monsters!
- Mankind's oldest fear...The Alien's last conquest
- Helena Bonham Carter — Dr. Pat Blake, MD
- Arthur Franz — Dr. Stuart Kelston
- Jimmy Hunt — David Maclean
- Leif Erickson — George MacLean
- Hillary Brooke — Mary MacLean
- Morris Ankrum — Col. Fielding
- Walter Sande — Police Sgt. Mack Finlay
- Max Wagner — Army Sgt. Rinaldi
- Milburn Stone — Army Capt. Roth
- Douglas Kennedy — Police Officer Jackson
- Charles Cane — Police Officer Blaine
- Bert Freed — Police Chief A.C. Barrows
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|