Isabella Fyvie Mayo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For honesty is before honor; and though man must write his poems in sounding words, God's poems are printed best in the brave and silent duties of common life.
- Reported in Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895) by Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, p. 388.
- Let not thy peace depend on the tongues of men; for whether they judge well of thee or ill, thou art not on that account other than thyself. Where are true peace and true glory? Are they not in God?
- Reported in Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895) by Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, p. 448.
- Isabella Fyvie Mayo, "Edward Garrett" (1843-1914) at the On-line Books site
- Isabela Fyvie Mayo ("Edward Garrett) biography & selected writings at gerald-massey.org.uk