Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- This is a historic day for all of us. Anyone who thinks the people of Eritrea and Ethiopia are separated is considered as naïve from now on.
- Isaias Afwerki (2018) cited in: "Eritrea’s leader visits Ethiopia as dramatic thaw continues" in AP Times, 15 July 2018.
- Russia was the hope of the people of the world during the period of the Soviet Union. Unfortunately, leaders in the Soviet Union made mistakes that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union, which was a historic tragedy, as you said at one point. That was a historic tragedy: in the course of the history of humanity that was a catastrophe.
- Isaias Afwerki (2023) cited in: "President Putin Held Talks With President Isaias Afwerki" in TesfaNews, July 31, 2023.
- In 1991, Isaias Afwerki of Eritrea and Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia teamed together to liberate their respective countries from the brutal Ethiopian dictatorship of Mengistu Haile Mariam. Seven years later, Isaias and Meles subjected their own people to a bloody and useless border war that claimed the lives of tens of thousands of people and served no purpose other than to distract the two citizenries from the terrible job the two dictators were doing in running Eritrea and Ethiopia.
- David Wallechinsky, Tyrants: The World's 20 Worst Living Dictators (2006), p. 4