It Came from Outer Space
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It Came from Outer Space is a 1953 film about a spaceship from another world crashes in the Arizona desert, and only an amateur stargazer and a schoolteacher suspect alien influence when the local townsfolk begin to act strange.
- Directed by Jack Arnold. Written by Harry Essex.
XENOMORPHS INVADE OUR WORLD! They can look like humans or change to objects of awesome terror! (taglines)
- This is Sand Rock, Arizona, of a late evening in early spring. It's a nice town, knowing its past and sure of its future, as it makes ready for the night, and the predictable morning. The desert blankets the earth, cooling, resting for the fight with tomorrow's sun. And in my house near the town, we're also sure of the future. So very sure.
- Opening narration
- We are right, and we're not crazy. And if we've been seeing things, it's because we did see them.
Sheriff Matt Warren
- Did you know, Putnam, more people are murdered at ninety-two degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once - lower temperatures, people are easy-going. Over ninety two, it's too hot to move. But just ninety-two, people get irritable.
- We have a long way to go. By nightfall, we will have left your earth. You will not see us until it is time.
- You would be horrified at the sight of us. Had you fallen on our world, it might have been different. We understand more.
- Sheriff Matt Warren: [characters gazing skyward after the spaceship leaves] Well, they've gone.
- Ellen Fields: For good, John?
- John Putnam: No. Just for now. It wasn't the right time for us to meet. But there'll be other nights, other stars for us to watch. They'll be back.
- From Ray Bradbury's great science fiction story!
- NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE!
- Amazing sights the human eye has never before seen!
- Richard Carlson — John Putnam
- Barbara Rush — Ellen Fields
- Charles Drake — Sheriff Matt Warren
- Joe Sawyer — Frank Daylon
- It Came from Outer Space quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- It Came from Outer Space at Allmovie
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|