J. C. Watts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Julius Caesar Watts, Jr. (born November 18, 1957) is a former Republican representative from Oklahoma in the U.S. Congress.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking...
- Speech at the Republican National Convention (1996-08-13)
- America needs to be a place where all of us can feel a part of the American dream. But it will not happen by dividing us into racial groups. It will not happen by trying to turn the poor against the rich. It will not happen by asking Americans to accept what is immoral and wrong in the name of tolerance.
- They said that I had sold out and Uncle Tom. And I said well, they deserve to have that view. But I have my thoughts. And I think they're race-hustling poverty pimps.
- I've done a lot of work in terms of outreach but I've done it because it was the right thing to do. Good policy makes good politics and what I've done has been good politics.
- On his outreach to the black community as a black Republican. National Public Radio (2002)