J. Milton Hayes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Milton Hayes (1884–1940) was an English actor and poet.
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Khatmandu,
There's a little marble cross below the town,
There's a broken-hearted woman tends the grave of Mad Carew,
And the yellow god forever gazes down.
- The Green Eye of the Yellow God (1911)
- An ugly knife lay buried in the heart of Mad Carew,
'Twas the 'Vengeance of the Little Yellow God'.
- The Green Eye of the Yellow God
- I wrote The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God in five hours, but I had it all planned out. It isn't poetry and it does not pretend to be, but it does what it sets out to do. It appeals to the imagination from the start: those colours, green and yellow, create an atmosphere.
- Quoted in Waugh, Alex (1967) My Brother and Other Profiles