J Nozipo Mararire
J. Nozipo Maraire (born 1964) is a Zimbabwean doctor, entrepreneur and writer. She is the author of Zenzele: A Letter for My Daughter. The novel was published in 1996, was a New York Times "Notable Book of the Year" and a Boston Globe best-seller.[] It has been published and translated into more than 14 languages.https://www.herald.co.zw/know-your-author-nozipo-j-maraire/
- African women especially young ones have been silent foe so long. We are the discussed,the studied,the analysed and the written about. And I am so privileged to have been able to raise my voice and speak for what we felt and cried and yearned.
- I saw the world as vast and magical with so many cultures and people. It opened me up and made me very adaptable to change. It also meant that I was not afraid to be in strange places, to experience and to learn.
- Racism is a phenomenal thing; it is like a thick mist that obscures the vision and judgment of even great minds.
- Zenzele. A letter for my daughter p.85 ISBN: 2-226-08566-1
- Until the lion learns to write tales of hunting, we'll always glorify the hunter
- Zenzele. A letter for my daughter p.78 ISBN: 2-226-08566-1
Quotes about her
- She is a founder of cutting Edge Neurosurgeon Inc., a web based start up.
- She is a public speaker who has been invited to lecture at various colleges and universities across the USA and spoken to numerous book clubs and civic organisations and served on many literary panels including being an invited guest of The Gotenberg Literary Festival.
"Maraire, J. Nozipo Biography", Postcolonial Studies @ Emory.