Jack Frost (TV special)
Jack Frost is a 1979 television special, one of the Rankin-Bass stop-motion classics, where Pardon-Me-Pete, the famous groundhog of Groundhog Day, tells the story of Jack Frost, and the one time he became human. Jack falls for a girl named Elisa, and as the tailor Jack Snip, he must fight the evil Kubla Krause to save Elisa and the town of January Junction.
- [singing] I got a day named after me, February 2.
That's the day that I decide what the weather's gonna do.
- [singing] The happiness of being me is not what it's cracked up to be. It's lonely being one of a kind.
- Very well. You have until the first stroke of spring. If, in that time you have obtained the necessary items needed to make a life: a house to warm you, a horse to bear you, a bag of gold to sustain you, and a wife, to make it all worth the while, then you will be truly human, and may remain so, with my blessing, forever.
- Elisa: You certainly are clumsy on ice.
- Jack Frost: Me? Clumsy on ice?!?
- Buddy Hackett - Pardon-Me-Pete
- Robert Morse - Jack Frost
- Debra Clinger - Elisa
- Paul Frees - Kubla Krause
- Don Messick - Snip