Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jacob Blake Junior is a black father of three who was shot by a police officer more than once on August 23, 2020.
- Good afternoon
Not at the moment, no I don’t.
- 4 September 2020 greeting court commission Loren Keating and responding to inquiry if he had questions about proceedings
- Jacob Blake: shot seven times in the back in broad daylight in front of his three young sons. Seven times, in the black, in broad daylight, in front of his three young sons. As Vice President Biden put it, the shots fired at Mr. Blake pierced the soul of our nation. It's sickening to watch. It's all too familiar. And it must end
Thankfully, he is alive today. But he is fighting for his life and he shouldn't have to be.
- I’m worried about my son and we’re not dealing with politics.
- 31 August 2020 by Jacob Blake Senior, the father of Jacob Blake Junior
- Normally death don't really bother me, I'm from southside Stockton. I’m all too familiar with how some family reunions only ever take place on graveyard grass, and a hole can be a safe haven for a soul in this mortal game of hide and go seek. But, there is something so different about Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake, and the countless others.
- He talked about how nothing was going to defeat him. How whether he walked again or not, he was not going to give up.
- It was very obvious that Vice President Biden cared, as he extended to Jacob Jr. a sense of humanity, treating him as a person worthy of consideration and prayer
- 3 September 2020 by Ben Crump, Blake's attorney
- Jacob Jr. told Sen. Harris that he was proud of her, and the senator told Jacob that she was also proud of him and how he is working through his pain.
Jacob Jr. assured her that he was not going to give up on life for the sake of his children.