Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proverbs from all Jamaican speaking parts of the world.
- Wa de goat du, de kid falla.
- Translation: What the goat does, the kid follows.
- English equivalent: As the old cock crows, so crows the young.
- Meaning: Children absorb behavioural cues from their parents and other significant adults in their lives. We should set good examples for our children.
- Source for meaning and proverb: . Jamaican Proverbs | The National Library of Jamaica. Nlj.gov.jm. Retrieved on 2013-06-09.