Jump to navigation Jump to search
James Francis Cagney, Jr. (July 17, 1899 – March 30, 1986) was an American film actor who won acclaim for a wide variety of roles and won the Oscar for Best Actor in 1942 for his role in Yankee Doodle Dandy.
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I never actually said "Ooh, you dirty rat."
- You don't psych yourself up for these things, you do them... I'm acting for the audience, not for myself, and I do it as directly as I can.
- Cagney by Cagney, his autobiography (1976)
- He can do nothing which is not worth watching. On his light hoofer's feet, with his quick nervous hands and his magnificent unconsciousness of the camera, he can pluck distinction from the least promising part.
- He can't even put a telephone receiver back on the hook without giving the action some special spark of life.