James Jesus Angleton
James Jesus Angleton (December 9, 1917 – May 12, 1987) was a long-serving chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's (CIA) counter-intelligence (CI) staff (Associate Deputy Director of Operations for Counter-Intelligence/ADDOCI).
- Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State.
- It is inconceivable that a secret arm of the government has to comply with all the overt orders of the government.
- Tim Weiner, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA, Anchor Books, 2008, page 390
About James Jesus Angleton
- In his day, Jim was recognized as the dominant counterintelligence figure in the non-communist world.
- Richard Helms, A Look Over my Shoulder: A Life in the Central Intelligence Agency (New York: Random House, 2003), 275.