Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Not what we wish, but what we want,
Oh, let thy grace supply!
- Hymn, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919). Compare: "Let not that happen which I wish, but that which is right", Menander, Fragment.
- Oft has it been my lot to mark
A proud, conceited, talking spark.
- The Chameleon, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).
- Oh let thy fear within me dwell,
Thy love my footsteps guide ;
That love shall vainer loves expel,
That fear all fears beside.
- "The Sacred Poets of England and America For Three Centuries" printed 1848.