Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I would like to express my regret for the harms and wounds that once existed in this island of Taiwan. I also want to extend my apologies to those afflicted with such long-standing and agonizing pains. We must not forget how many families were torn up and how their emotional sufferings have been passed down from generation to generation. I can now relate to such pains. My apology is long overdue.
- James Soong (2015) cited in "Soong apologizes for his role in Martial Law era" on Taipei Times, 22 August 2015
- Cooperation is not a merger. There's no need to crush oneself to accommodate others.
- James Soong (2015) cited in "Eric Chu taps former labor head as running mate and James Soong taps Hsu Hsin-ying" on China Post, 18 November 2015
- The appointment (as special envoy to APEC 2016) fills me with a deep sense of responsibility. It is a mission rather than a job. This mission is not about personal glory, but the entrustment of a responsibility to present to the international community the achievements Taiwan has made in the past decades.
- James Soong (2016) cited in "Beijing knew I would be envoy: Soong" on Taipei Times, 7 October 2016