Jump to navigation Jump to search
Janet Damita Jo Jackson (born May 16, 1966) is an American pop singer and actress. She began her performing career at a young age and released her first album as a teenager, becoming one of the best-selling artists in contemporary music.
- Acceptance is right. Kindness is right. Love is right. I pray, right now, that we're moving into a kinder time when prejudice is overcome by understanding; when narrow-mindedness, and narrow-minded bigotry is overwhelmed by open-hearted empathy; when the pain of judgmentalism is replaced by the purity of love.
- Acceptance speech of a humanitarian award from the Human Rights Campaign, as quoted in an [AP report (19 June 2005), and "SHe said" Issue 1325 Between The Lines News (23 June 2005)
Janet Jackson (1982)
Dream Street (1984)
- You ought to be thankful for the little things
But little things are all you seem to give
You're always putting off what we can do today
Soap opera says you've got one life to live
Who's right, who's wrong?
- I'm not a prude, I just want some respect (that's right)
So close the door if you want me to respond
Cause privacy is my middle name
My last name is control
No, my first name ain't baby
It's Janet — Ms. Jackson, if you're nasty
Rhythm Nation (1989)
- Seeing that your love's true.
Never I'll doubt you.
My heart belongs to you.
That's alright with me.
Worlds could end around me.
So in love that I can't see.
You and me were meant to be.
That's alright with me.
- Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire.
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire?
The Velvet Rope (1997)
- I feel asleep late last night
Crying like a newborn child
Holding myself close
Pretending my arms are yours
I want no one but you.
All for You (2001)
- My love for you is unconditional love too
Gotta get up, get out, get up, get out, get up
And show you that it
Damita Jo (2004)
- Relax... it's just sex.
20 Y.O. (2006)
- I don't know if I've ever felt like this before
But I'm sure that the way I feel, I don't want it to go
'Cuz I've cried my share of tears
And I've sang my share of blues
But to keep you over here, I'll do what I got to do
- So here's my demonstration
A peep show
Tonight my body's an exhibition baby
Though it's on display don't be scared to
Touch It, It said so
So come and get it babe
- Actresses from the United States
- Models from the United States
- Pop singers
- Singer-songwriters from the United States
- Women singers
- Dancers from the United States
- Film producers from the United States
- Record producers from the United States
- Businesspeople from the United States
- 1966 births
- Living people
- Feminists from the United States
- African Americans
- Activists from the United States
- LGBT rights activists
- Women activists
- Philanthropists from the United States
- People from Gary
- Grammy Award winners