Jared Scott Fogle (born 23 August 1977), nicknamed "Jared the Subway Guy," is a former spokesman used by Subway restaurants in its television advertising campaigns from 2000 to 2015. In 2015, he pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography and paying minors for sex.
- If people didn't give a damn, I wouldn't be in the position I'm in. I try not to lose sight of that.
- I had no intention of anyone ever finding out what I had done.
- On the success of his Subway diet, as quoted in "Subway pitchman Jared lost pounds, then anonymity" by Mitch Stacy in Associated Press report (16 November 2003)
- I want to redeem my life. I want to become a good, decent person. I want to rebuild my life.
- On pleading guilty to having sex with minors and possession of child pornography, as quoted in "Jared Fogle, ex-Subway spokesman, sentenced to 15 years in prison" by Rick Callahan in CBC News report. (19 November 2015)
Quotes about Fogle
- *I think when he talks to people they can see he's not a slick, polished spokesperson… He's smart and well-spoken, but I think people can see he's just a regular guy.
- The level of perversion and lawlessness demonstrated by Mr. Fogle is extreme.
- Tanya Walton Pratt, as in quoted in "Jared Fogle, ex-Subway spokesman, sentenced to 15 years in prison" by Rick Callahan in CBC News report. (19 November 2015)