Jean-Marie Cardinal Lustiger
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a religious leader is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I was born Jewish and so I remain, even if that’s unacceptable for many. For me, the vocation of Israel is bringing light to the goyim. That’s my hope and I believe that Christianity is the means for achieving it.
- Comment two years after becoming archbishop 
- I was born Jewish. I received the name of my paternal grandfather, Aaron. Having become Christian by faith and baptism, I have remained Jewish. As did the Apostles.
- Requested epitaph, quoted in The Economist obituary, August 18th 2007, p. 76
- A French website is entirely dedicated to his life and works: http://www.institutlustiger.fr