Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III (born 24 December 1946) is an American politician and lawyer who is the 84th Attorney General of the United States. Sessions served as the junior United States Senator from Alabama from 1997 until 2017, and is a member of the Republican Party. From 1981 to 1993, he served as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama.
- The civil libertarians among us would rather defend the Constitution than protect our nation’s security.
- This country does not discriminate. No president, no officer in this country should hold office that has any hint of treating people differently because of the color of their skin or where they came from and that kind of thing. We believe in equality and fair treatment and that's the moral principle that we adhere to as a nation.
- Interview with Matt Murphy (2016)
- I love that program (asset forfeiture). We had so much fun doing that, taking drug dealers' money and passing it out to people trying to put drug dealers in jail. What's wrong with that?
- Sessions welcomes restoration of asset forfeiture: "I love that program", September 1 2017
- We don't pay judges to think; we pay judges to rule on the law.
- Regarding judicial activism while debating on the Senate floor on 06 June 2005 regarding the nomination of Janice Rogers Brown to the federal judiciary.