Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III (born 24 December 1946) is an American politician and lawyer who was the 84th Attorney General of the United States from 2017 to 2018. Sessions served as the junior United States senator from Alabama from 1997 until 2017, and is a member of the Republican Party. From 1981 to 1993, he served as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama.
- The civil libertarians among us would rather defend the Constitution than protect our nation’s security.
- This country does not discriminate. No president, no officer in this country should hold office that has any hint of treating people differently because of the color of their skin or where they came from and that kind of thing. We believe in equality and fair treatment and that's the moral principle that we adhere to as a nation.
- Interview with Matt Murphy (2016)
- I love that program (asset forfeiture). We had so much fun doing that, taking drug dealers' money and passing it out to people trying to put drug dealers in jail. What's wrong with that?
- Sessions welcomes restoration of asset forfeiture: "I love that program", September 1 2017
- We don't pay judges to think; we pay judges to rule on the law.
- Regarding judicial activism while debating on the Senate floor on 06 June 2005 regarding the nomination of Janice Rogers Brown to the federal judiciary.
Quotes about Jeff Sessions
- Senator Sessions has not demonstrated a commitment to a central requirement of the job -- to aggressively pursue the congressional mandate of civil rights, equal rights, and justice for all. In fact, at numerous times in his career, he has demonstrated a hostility toward these convictions, and has worked to frustrate attempts to advance these ideals.
- Cory Booker, as the first Senator to testify against an executive nomination of another Senator, during Jeff Sessions' Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, as quoted in 11 ways Cory Booker is wooing progressives as he eyes a run for president in 2020. nj.com (August 19, 2018). Retrieved on 21 August 2018.