Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I invest in people — be it politics or science. It's what I do.
- Quoted in Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery By Landon Thomas Jr., New York magazine (October 28, 2002).
- I started at Bear Stearns in 1976. Bear Stearns never had any training program. There was no course to begin. Alan Greenberg said he wanted me to learn each area of the business. So he thought the best place for me to start would be on the floor of the American Stock Exchange and then later move up to the trading desk and learn all the different areas of the firm including the margin department. He was amazing.
- In a January 2003 interview with David Bank, as quoted by Bloomberg News in "The Epstein Tapes: Unearthed Recordings From His Private Island" (August 14, 2019).
- I realize what I am. I’m very comfortable in my own skin. I’m not a helicopter pilot. What I’m really free to do is I feel free to follow my own personality. As we discussed yesterday, I can’t be totally wacko in what I do. It affects lots of other people who will get angry with what I do because then it affects me again. But on my own island or on my own ranch, I can think the thoughts I want to think. I can do the work I want to do and I’m free to explore as I see fit.
- In a January 2003 interview with David Bank, as quoted by Bloomberg News in The Epstein Tapes: Unearthed Recordings From His Private Island, (August 14, 2019). See also: on Bloomberg Markets and Finance, YouTube channel
- It attracted me because I thought it would be a different class of students I hadn't come across before, this was going to be the flip-side
- In a January 2003 interview with David Bank, as quoted by Bloomberg News in "The Epstein Tapes: Unearthed Recordings From His Private Island" (August 14, 2019). See also: on Bloomberg Markets and Finance, YouTube channel
- I just want you to know I’m not a pedophile. … Maybe the only thing worse than being called a pedophile is being called a hedge fund manager.
- As quoted by Charlie Gasparino in "Jeffrey Epstein before he died", FOXBusiness (August 13, 2019).
Quotes about Jeffrey Epstein
- I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.
- 2005 March: A 14-year-old girl and her parents report that Jeffrey Epstein molested her at a mansion in Palm Beach. She said a female acquaintance and classmate at Royal Palm Beach High School had taken her to the house to give him a massage in exchange for money. April: Palm Beach police begin trash pulls at Epstein’s home, discovering a telephone message for Epstein with the girl’s name on it, and a time that matched the time that she told police she was there. They find the names and phone numbers of other girls on message slips in his trash. October... Investigators begin interviewing more girls, as well as Epstein’s butlers, who tell them that Epstein had frequent visits from girls throughout the day.... 2006 May: Police sign a probable cause affidavit charging Epstein and two of his assistants with multiple counts of unlawful sex acts with a minor.... June: The grand jury, after hearing from only one girl, returns an indictment of one count of solicitation of prostitution. The charge does not reflect that the victim in question and others were minors. July: ... Lawyers discuss a deferred prosecution in which Epstein would enter a pretrial intervention program and serve no jail time. After pressure from the Palm Beach police chief, the FBI opens a federal investigation
- Julie K Brown, "For years, Jeffrey Epstein abused teen girls, police say. A timeline of his case" Miami Herald (November 28, 2018).
- I was not a fan of Jeffrey Epstein. And you watched people yesterday saying that I threw him out of a club. I didn't want anything to do with him. That was many, many years ago. It shows you one thing: that I have good taste.
- President Donald Trump quoted by the Whitehouse.gov website (July 12, 2019).
- I wanted to do a story on sex trafficking, but every time I googled Florida and sex trafficking, a story about Jeffrey Epstein came up.
- Julie K Brown quoted in "Meet Julie K Brown, the woman who brought down Jeffrey Epstein" by Andrew Anthony in The Guardian (July 25, 2021)
- A not untypical case was Courtney Wild, a straight-A student with a troubled family history, who says she was sexually abused countless times by Epstein and others in his entourage beginning at the age of 14. ... As she tells Brown: “Jeffrey Epstein preyed on girls who were homeless and were addicted to drugs. He didn’t victimise girls who were Olympic stars and Hollywood actresses. He victimised people he thought nobody would ever listen to, and he was right.
- Andrew Anthony, "Meet Julie K Brown, the woman who brought down Jeffrey Epstein"The Guardian (July 25, 2021).