Jens Stoltenberg (born 16 March 1959) was the Prime Minister of Norway. He took office in October of 2005; he was previously Prime Minister from 2000 to 2001. He has also been the leader of the Norwegian Labour Party since 2002. He has been a Member of Parliament from Oslo since 1993.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have a high standard of living. … In Norway, we've tripled our income since 1970. In the rest of western Europe, income has merely doubled.
- Interview in Torgrim Eggen (2001). "At the Top: An interview with Jens Stoltenberg", Scanorama.
- But the answer to the attacks must be more democracy and more openness. Otherwise, those who were behind them will have achieved their goals.
- Reconquer the streets, the markets – the public spaces, with the same message of opposition: We are devastated, but we will not give up. With torches and roses, we deliver this message to the world: We do not let fear break us. And we do not let the fear of fear silence us.
- The City Hall Square Speech, July 25. 2011 (Aftenposten).
- Evil can kill a person, but never conquer a nation.
- The City Hall Square Speech, July 25, 2011 (BBC).
- I like the United States in many ways. I like the people, I like the atmosphere. I like to travel around also when I am able to get out of Washington or New York, and I like the food. Especially the meat. The steak is excellent, and I had a very good steak in New York a couple of days ago and you can't get that kind of steak in Europe, so big and so tender, that's one of the reasons I like to come to the United States.