Jerome Foster II
Jerome Foster II (born 9 May 2002) is an American climate activist living in Washington DC. A leader of the Fridays for Future movement and environmental movement-at-large, Foster is a Co-Editor-in-Chief of The Climate Reporter and the founder of OneMillionOfUs.
Quotes by Jerome Foster II
- "It is only in the cracks of division that corruption can seep in and pollution can spew out."
- "Civil Rights are Human Rights and human rights are Environmental Rights… NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT."
- JEROME FOSTER II: THE NEXT GENERATION LEADING THE WAY authored by League of Conservation Voters.
- "My message to him, my message to President Trump, would be that there is no more time to continue to accept money from the fossil fuel industry. There’s no more time to continue to be bought off and paid for, because this is our lives that we’re fighting for. We’re fighting for our children. We’re fighting for our sisters and brothers. We’re fighting for people that are drowning."
- "I founded OneMillionOfUs to empower, educate, and register one million young people to vote in the 2020 elections and beyond. As a great and honorable president once said, “We are the ones we have been waiting for.” We are no longer waiting, we are acting."
- "I am here on behalf of young people worldwide. For the young girl in Guatemala starving because of drought; for the young boy in Sumatra whose entire rainforest community is set ablaze for the extraction of palm oil; for the mother in Beijing who attended her 3-year-old daughter’s funeral because she breathed in the toxic air of the city. I speak for the millions suffering at the destructive hands of the fossil fuel industry."
- "When I interned for the American Hero, the Honorable John Lewis, I learned that this will be a tough fight, yet we must be determined to stand against injustice. Civil Rights are Human Rights and human rights are Environmental Rights… NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT."
- "History shows that voting is the sword that cuts through all injustice."
- "One person, one vote is the great equalizer of humanity."
- "My mission is to show that we have the power to create a more just democracy that represents all of us."
- Encyclopedic article on Jerome Foster II on Wikipedia