Jesse Lauriston Livermore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jesse Lauriston Livermore (July 26, 1877 – November 28, 1940) was an American stock trader / investor.
- The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.
- Jesse Livermore, How To Trade In Stocks
- Trade only when the market is clearly bullish or bearish.
- Jesse Livermore’s Trading Rules [specific citation needed]
- First, do not be invested in the market all the time. There are many times when I have been completely in cash, especially when I was unsure of the direction of the market and waiting for a confirmation of the next move. Second, it is the change in the major trend that hurts most speculators.
- Richard Smitten, Trade Like Jesse Livermore, Chapter 6 - Emotional Control