Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jessica Marie Alba (born April 28, 1981) is an American actress and businesswoman.
- I am a born builder. I grew up pretty fearless with an understanding that if you want something in life, you have to be creative in going about achieving it. You’re not always going to have an easy path to success, but if it’s important enough you’ll figure out a way to make it work.
- On being driven even at an early age in “Jessica Alba on Being Brave, Dealing With Self-Doubt and Overcoming Major Breakdowns” in Entrepreneur (2018 Jun 29)
- Every business faces its challenges…It's not realistic to think otherwise. If nothing else, it brings out the best in the team. It's important at that point to be open with the consumer and educate them around the realities of creating a product in bulk.
- On handling business challenges in “Exclusive: Jessica Alba on overcoming criticism at work” in Harper’s Bazaar (2017 Sep 11)
- I was always in trouble with my parents for speaking up and wanting to be an equal part of the conversation. I started working young so I could get that respect.
- On working at an early age in order to communicate with her parents in “Jessica Alba's Reinvention” in Redbook (2018 Mar 15)
- We have to look at, culturally, what we celebrate in women versus what we celebrate in men…I love my family and I love being at home and cooking, but my husband does just as much of all of that as I do. We are equal partners in raising our kids, we are equal partners in what we do in the home, and we are equal partners in going out and working. Ambition is so important because you only live once. So where do you want to go? Who do you want to be? Well, take the bull by the horns and go for it. There’s never going to be the perfect time to try something. More women should start companies.
- On the expanding traits that might be celebrated in women in “When Red Met Jessica Alba” in Red (2016 Jan 7)