Jewish and democratic state
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- In the Israeli democracy, we will continue to protect the rights of both the individual and the group, this is guaranteed. But the majority have rights too, and the majority rules, the vast majority of people want to preserve the Jewish character of our country for generations to come, this combination of individual rights and group rights are the definition of a Jewish and democratic state.
- Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Defending controversial Jewish state bill, Netanyahu says ‘majority rules’ (12 July 2018) by Tamar Pileggi, The Times of Israel.
- Netanyahu didn’t lie to me – he lied to all of you. He didn’t lead me astray, he led the entire nation astray
- Basic Law proposal: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People
- Israel and the apartheid analogy