Harold Stanley Ede (7 April 1895 – 15 March 1990), also known as 'Jim' Ede, was a British collector of art and friend to artists. Ede studied painting at Newlyn Art School between 1912 and 1914 .
- It seems to me that art is a great miracle-it is the showing forth of the Holy Spirit transubstantiation.It is to find and proclaim the poetry of life,without which there is no life.
- Introduction,In Engrave Glass:David Peace,Cambridge 1973.
- The role of art is to give food for thought,to act as a stimulant,to entice the onlooker to inspect things, people,emotions,from a new point of view.
- Undated mauscript c 1941.Kettle's Yard archive,Cambridge.
- There should be a Kettle's Yard in every university.
- From Introduction to the Handlist 1970