Jimmy John Liautaud
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I was at this fancy school and I felt out of place, so I rebelled. But Jim Lyons put his arm around me. He cared about me.
- Interview with New York Times 
- I graduated second to last in my class. I was a fat kid. I was bullied by others.
- If you serve the business, it will serve you. Serve the business, serve the team.
- Interview with Franchise Times 
- It wasn’t a great location. I started to deliver, not because it was part of a business plan, but to get sales—to make up for my C location.
- Interview with Success Magazine 
- I changed the rules for allowing people to buy into my system as a franchisee. I explained in detail how tough running a Jimmy John's can be. I explained the long hours, the unforgiving weather, the late nights, the weekends, and all of the sacrifices that go along with the industry.
- Taylor, Kate (8 September 1983), "How a 19-year-old turned a sandwich shop into a billion-dollar business", Business Insider
- I've been around for 32 years and nobody knows who we are.
- Interview with Chicago Tribune 
- I want to build this business as long as the customers will keep eating my sandwiches.
- Interview with The News-Gazette