Joanna Jędrzejczyk (born August 18, 1987) is a Polish mixed martial arts|mixed martial artist and former Muay Thai kickboxer who competes in the women's strawweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. She was the UFC Women's Strawweight Champion and the third European (and only Polish) champion in UFC history after Bas Rutten in 1999 and Andrei Arlovski in 2005.
Due to her surname Jędrzejczyk been difficult to pronounce for English speakers, her fans call her JJ, Joanna Champion, Joanna Violence or simply Joanna
- I am sexy everyday
- Polish ladies rule the world
- UFC - "Polish ladies rule the world." Joanna Jedrzejczyk & Karolina Kowalkiewicz ready to put on a show at #UFC205!! (November 2, 2016). Retrieved on August 5, 2017.
- After successful title defence against contender Karolina Kwalkiewicz at UFC 205 (November 2, 2016)
- I know that I'm not the prettiest one, I'm not having big boobies or I'm not American, but I want people to remember me as the best female fighter, undefeated in MMA, and the UFC champion of the world
- Shaun Al-Shatti (November 2, 2016). Joanna Jedrzejczyk: I may not be ‘the prettiest' or have ‘big boobies,' but I ‘want people to remember me as the best'. Retrieved on August 5, 2017.
- Jędrzejczyk sharing her dream as a mixed martial artist at UFC 205 pre-fight press conference.
- No one is taking this belt from me
- Steven Marrocco (April 8, 2018). Joanna Jedrzejczyk Defies Challengers: 'No One Is Taking This Belt From Me'. MMAjunkie. Retrieved on October 25, 2018.
- After title defence against contender Jessica Andrade at UFC 211
- You are mentally unstable
- Steven Marrocco (October 25, 2017). UFC 217's Rose Namajunas won't engage Joanna Jedrzejczyk after she's again called 'mentally unstable'. MMAjunkie. Retrieved on October 25, 2018.
- Jędrzejczyk to contender Rose Namajunas at UFC 217 pre-fight press conference
- Don't compare me to Ronda Rousey
- Trent Reinsmith (November 5, 2017). Following Her Title Loss At UFC 217, Joanna Jedrzejczyk Says 'Don't Compare Me To Ronda Rousey'. Forbes. Retrieved on August 25, 2017.
- Jędrzejczyk at UFC 223 post-fight press conference after her first loss to Rose Namajunas.
- You can see the other female strawweights fighting, and c’mon. They cannot compare themselves to me. They are all are only jealous and talking too much all the time. I’m telling them, bow down. I’m the queen
- Edward Vkanty (May 14, 2017). Joanna Jedrzejczyk shocked at UFC 223 loss to Namajunas, tells other strawweights: 'Bow down'. Retrieved on August 25, 2017.
- Jędrzejczyk to other women's strawweight fighters, at UFC 223 post-fight press conference, after her second loss to Rose Namajunas.
- I will not do this. Never ever. She wants my honor? She must earn that... No way I’ll say Rose is the best. Maybe you beat me, you’re the champion and you won. But your legacy isn’t that big. You should bow down, because I am the queen
- Marc Raimondi (July 29, 2018). Joanna Jedrzejczyk: I will ‘never ever’ say Rose Namajunas is the best strawweight. Retrieved on November 3, 2017.
- Jędrzejczyk when questioned if she recognises Namajunas as the best female strawweight fighter in the world at the UFC on Fox 30 post fight press conference
Quotes about Jędrzejczyk
- Joanna is like my karma,
- Steven Marrocco (September 8, 2018). UFC 228's Jessica Andrade: Joanna Jedrzejczyk is my karma. MMAjunkie. Retrieved on August 25, 2017.
- Jessica Andrade prior to UFC 228