Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Politics is history in the present tense.
- . The Rise of Obama's Bridge Between MLK and RFK, June 6, 2008. Real Clear Politics.
- The far-right and far-left can be equally insane.
- Politics follows the lines of physics: every action creates an equal and opposite reaction.
- Extremes are ultimately their own side's worst enemy.
- . Republican Governor Popularity Plummets, May 19, 2010. The Daily Beast.
- Terrorism is always one bad day away from being issue No. 1.
- Demagogues always do well in economic downturns.
- . Glenn Beck and the History of Americas Worst Demagogues, September 2, 2010. The Daily Beast.
- Professional partisans are still playing politics by industrial-age rules. They haven’t woken up to the information-age reality. Younger generations have grown up with a multiplicity of choice on every front, which can be tailored to suit their individual beliefs. Politics is the last place where we are supposed to be satisfied with a choice between Brand A and Brand B.
- . Six Questions for John Avlon, May 16th, 2010. The Economist.
- If you only take offense when the president of your party is compared to Hitler, then you're part of the problem.
- . The Ugly Party vs. the Grown-Up Party, June 30th, 2010. The Washington Post.