Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Berridge (February 1716 − January 22, 1793) was an Anglican evangelical revivalist and hymnist.
- Make me like a little child,
Simple, teachable, and mild;
Seeing only in Thy light;
Walking only in Thy might!
- Reported in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895), p. 334.
- Avoid all controversy in preaching, talking, or writing; preach nothing down but the devil, and nothing up but Jesus Christ.
- Reported in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895), p. 480.
- Run, John, and work, the law commands,
Yet finds me neither feet nor hands;
But sweeter news the gospel brings,
It bids me fly and lends me wings.