Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Birtwhistle (born 1946) is an English poet and librettist.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There are many thousands of poems about Death in the abstract. Philosophy about Death is a typical way of rendering it less real as an experience.
- 'What can we learn from a dying poet' BMJ Supportive & Pallative Online Journal July 25 2014
Clare's 'Popularity in Authorship (1824)'
'Occasion of the essay' Introduction to John Clare's on line Essay
- Clare's essay was itself an attempt at popularity through essayistic journalism.
- A minor essay, but an unduly neglected document of Clare's predicament in 1824, a crucial year in his life as a poet.
- The essay was impelled by Clare's anxiety that his poems were slipping out if fashion.