John C. Reilly
John Christopher Reilly (born May 24, 1965) is an American actor, comedian, singer, screenwriter, and producer. For his performance in Chicago, Reilly was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and the corresponding Golden Globe Award. He worked with director Martin Scorsese on both Gangs of New York (2002) and The Aviator (2004).
- God forbid you got seasick because there was no option to go back. So that really did force us to be a group.
- I try to take things that challenge me either physically or mentally, or I have to learn a new skill.
- Oh, absolutely, it felt more serious than your typical job. One of the things that got us through how difficult the shooting actually was was that we are telling a real story.
- One of the unique things is that whether we were out at sea or in the middle of the water tank, a lot of times you just couldn't leave. Especially when we were out at sea.
- There's something about the water - that solitary kind of peaceful feeling. You're on Earth, but not quite.
- This is real human drama, we're not creating some amusement park ride for the summer. Even though the movie is really exciting to watch, it's got a real pathos behind it.
- You were there all day long, 12 hours a day. So there was none of this, "I'm going back to my trailer, my trailer's bigger than your trailer," that kind of Hollywood nonsense.
- Sweet berry wine!
- "(infuriated)" I'M GONNA WRECK IT!