Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Had Cain been Scot, God would have changed his doom;
Not made him wander, but continued him home.
- The Rebel Scot (1647).
- Like an ambassador that beds a queen
With the nice caution of a sword between.
- The Antiplatonic (1653).
- He that to ancient wreaths can bring no more
From his own worth, dies bankrupt on the score.
- The Times.
- The marigold, whose courtier's face
Echoes the sun, and doth unlace
Her at his rise, at his full stop
Packs and shuts up her gaudy shop.
- On Phillis, Walking before Sunrise.
- The Works of Mr. John Cleveland (1687) — full text online at GoogleBooks.